Saturday, March 9, 2013

"$$ NHL Picks and Predictions"

By now you've learned my system is anything but conservative. We just won 7 units on the Devils yesterday in the midst of a losing streak that was 2 minutes away from breaking a 27 year old record. I'd like to start this pick by saying I really don't like many games today. I'll bet them, but I'm not in love. When in doubt, I bet on Pekka Rinne. If you run a conservative system, stay away.

I am not a conservative bettor. I've put money on every hockey game of the season for two consecutive years now, and I've won money doing it. Some weeks are better than others, but this is a good week, so I'll ride the key principles of my system. We're riding back to back successful days, including a 4-0 night of domination.

The Edmonton Oilers have been extremely mediocre this year. They have offense and goaltending but only in spurts. On the road, I can't imagine a cohesive game against one of the best defensive systems in hockey - led by one of the best goalies.

If Pekka Rinne plays, ride the Nashville Predators here. He's arguably the best goalie in hockey, his team around him is just highly mediocre. Against a team as poor as the Oilers, and on home ice, I like a grinding struggle of a game.

Very low confidence ML pick on the Preds.
Low confidence, with z-code support, on under 5.5 (5).
Z-Code gives 63% chance that the Preds will win this game.

There's not much value here, but with VERY low confidence, we'll go Preds.

Nashville 3 - Edmonton 1

No comments:

Post a Comment